Why does my Treez Sales Report appear to be different from my Processor Transaction Report?
There are a couple of reasons why your Treez Sales Report could appear to be different from your Processor Transaction Report; simply stated fees and tips.
Treez does not record tips, your transaction provider does record them.
Fees may be recorded in Treez as a non-inventory line item; however, some transaction providers require that fees are recorded on their side. Fees can only live in ONE place, either Treez or your transaction provider. Determine where your fees are recorded so that you can follow the steps below to accurately reconcile your Treez Sales Report with your Processor Transaction Report.
Integrated PIN Debit or ACH:
- Navigate to the processor portal > “Transactions” report
- Filter by “custom” date range
- Select “POS” and choose date
- This ensures the transactions are grouped by POS/terminal time rather than gateway server time
- Export report to CSV
- Sum original amount
- Ensure this amount reflects the “Debit” amount recorded in Treez for the same processing period
- Sum the after amount
- Subtract the difference between original and after amount
- This should be the total due in tips and fees (if fees are recorded here and not in Treez)
- Sum the Tip column
- Sum the Fee column
- Back out tip and fee amounts and your totals will match
The workflow is the same as outlined above. Determine where your fees are recorded.
Please Note: If fees are enabled on CATM then you need to back out fees so that you can see the reports do align.
Non-Integrated Pin Debt:
Treez cannot recommend SOPs for this as we do not have insight into the Processors or their workflows as they are not integrated into Treez.
- Funds from ACH or EFT payments usually become available in 3 to 5 business days
- Funds for collecting debit card transactions are usually processed within 24 hours of the completion of a transaction.
- Funds for cashless ATM transactions usually appear within 3 days
Using the “Verify Sale” button:
- For Integrated Pin Debt and Cashless ATM, click if an error is returned.
- For ACH transactions, if there is NO response, click this button.
- For Non-Integrated PIN Debit, the Verify Sale button does not apply as we have no connection to these processors.