Please Note: This article pertains to functionality in the Latest Version of Treez.
How do I duplicate or clone a role in Role Management in the Latest Version of Treez?
Duplicating a role allows users to easily make copies of existing roles which mirror the permissions of the cloned role. This makes it easier to customize similar roles that require slightly more or less access than the cloned role.
Please note: Prerequisites a User MUST have are the CREATE Role permission which allows the user to create a role.
- Navigate to the Role Management screen
- Click on the 3 dots (kebob) icon to the right of any Role you wish to edit
- Click “Duplicate” from the flyout menu
- In the Add New Role screen, enter a Name (Required) and a Description (Optional) for the new role
- Click the “Next” button at the bottom of the screen
- Check or uncheck any of the permissions to customize the role to suite the users business needs
- Click the “Finish” button at the bottom of the screen to create the new role and save the permissions assignments
Please note:To go back to the User Role Info screen before saving a Role, click the “User Role Info” button in the bottom left of the Permissions screen.
Click “Close” in the top left of the screen at anytime to close the screen and discard any changes you have made
NOTE: When editing a role, no data is saved until a user has completed the Add User Role workflow AND clicked the “finish” button. If the user navigates away from this page or otherwise closes it before clicking “Finish”, the new role will NOT be saved.
Article is closed for comments.