Please Note: This is a temporary measure while we adapt our fulfillment module to automate this process for you. METRC continues to push changes to its APIs, enhancing its environments, and updates daily. For these reasons, Treez has opted for a temporary measure while we work with METRC to optimize this process for you.
Today Treez sends all METRC sales. Before opening tomorrow, unless we explicitly hear from our customers, we are going to stop doing this FOR DELIVERY SALES ONLY, as final sales will be reported in the Metrc UI for deliveries starting 4/1/2023.
On April 1st, 2023, the State of CA will require that all delivery operators report when every order is out for delivery. Please read the mandate attached below if you are unfamiliar with these changes.
A high-level overview of changes are as follows:
- The dollar value inside of your vehicle goes from $5000 to $10,000 at any given time.
- A Delivery Ledger must be created before a driver leaves the facility. This ledger contains information on orders, the driver, the vehicle, etc.
- The Delivery Ledger must be maintained in METRC.
- The County of the delivery destination is now required.
- The Delivery Ledger must be closed out at the end of day.
- View the METRC Delivery Ledger
Please Note: It is critical that these ledgers are closed out before the end of the business day. Not closing sales will result in open ledgers extending beyond business hours, potentially putting you out of compliance.
METRC is pushing updates up until the final minute into 4/1 and we are adapting as quickly as we can. We are getting reports from clients that this is much faster than it has been over the last few months. However, retailers will need to understand the manual flows and reach out to the DCC with any disruptions.
Treez believes it is better to report the sales as you normally would if you run into any system issues with METRC.
Treez + WM Dispatch
Here is the current workflow:
- Delivery orders come in to Treez fulfillment dashboard.
- Delivery orders are queued in the WM Dispatch order queue.
- When the route is started, Dispatch creates the delivery ledger in METRC. This is the bulk of the time savings as a result of this integration.
- Drivers close out tickets in the Dispatch app which also closes tickets in Treez. This behavior has not changed.
- Orders can be canceled in both Dispatch and Treez, but orders that can’t be completed will need to be manually voided in METRC to keep inventory aligned in Treez and METRC.
- When drivers return to the facility, the delivery ledger needs to be completed in METRC.
- Ledgers will stay open for the drivers when they go restock at the dispensary. METRC is working on a fix to allow for order edits on the road.
- If drivers return to the facility to get more orders, the new orders will be added to that same open ledger for the duration of the shift or day.
Treez & Onfleet, Other Delivery Tools, No Tools
All retailers using Onfleet, other delivery tools or no tools will need to use this flow starting 4/1/2023 to record deliveries on the way out and complete them when returning to the dispensary.
- Order is placed in Treez for delivery and appears in fulfillment.
- Order is processed through fulfillment the same way as it is today and moved out for delivery.
- Retailer navigates to the METRC Tracking Retail Deliveries dashboard to build a ledger for deliveries.
- Closing the ledger in METRC will report the sale to METRC.
- Sales closed in Treez will not double report.