If a discount is created as ‘stackable’ (i.e., able to compound together with other stackable discounts on a single product), then the cumulative discount amount being applied to each item will be visible on the tile that appears on each line within the cart. To see the breakdown of which discounts are being applied and how much each of them is worth, tap the discount tile.
If you have multiple non-stacking discounts available to a single product, Treez will default to using the largest discount for the customer. Removing the default discount applied will result in another, lesser discount being applied to the item. All discounting and reward accrual is based on the subtotal. To verify which discount configurations you have enabled, navigate to Configurations > Config Page > Discounts.
Custom Pricing (Non-stackable)
- Applied to the entire ticket
- Custom Pricing will override all discounts applied to the ticket and rewrite them with the new custom price.
Cashier Discounts (Stackable)
- If a Cashier Discount is combined with a non-stackable Automated Discount, Treez will choose the largest discount of the two since they cannot be combined.
- If the discount amount is tied between a Cashier Discount and a non-stackable Automated Discount, the Cashier discount will be applied.
Rewards as a Discount (Stackable)
- Rewards as a Discount will stack on top of any combination of discounts and reduce the subtotal by the amount of Rewards Dollars applied.
NOTE: Pricing Discounts or Manual Discounts can be added (or overwritten in the case of Custom Pricing) on top of any already discounted order.
Tier Discounts (Stackable)
- Stackable Automated Discounts will be applied to the post-tier-discounted price, not the original price.
- If the discount amount is tied between a Tier Discount and a non-stackable Automated Discount, the Tier Discount will be applied.
Automated Discounts (Stackable or Non-stackable)
- Includes: Percent Discount, Dollar Amount Discount, BOGO, and Cost plus % discount methods
- If the discount amount is tied between two non-stackable Automated Discounts, the discount chosen to apply will be the one that comes first alphanumerically (i.e., 0-9, A-Z). If you would like to change this, simply remove the discount and the alternate will apply.
Discount Combinations & Examples
- (Stackable + Stackable) – Stack 'em up!
- (Stackable + Non-stackable) – Treez will choose the largest discount for the applicable item(s)
- (Non-stackable + Non-stackable) – Treez will choose the largest discount for the applicable item(s)
Example 1 (Stackable + Stackable)
Here, we have three stackable discounts being applied to a single item — a 10% senior discount, a Cartridges $5 off discount, and a 5% veteran discount. If you remove one of them, the other two will still remain. In other words, there is no hierarchy when discounts are made stackable.
TIP: If your shop has rewards as a discount enabled, you’ll need to click the discount tile to show the full details. Then, hit the ‘X’ next to the discount you’d like to delete.
Example 2 (Non-stackable + Non-stackable)
Here, we have the same product and customer; however, the three discounts have been changed to non-stackable. Since they no longer compound together, by default, the largest discount will be applied first, followed by the next largest if that one is removed. Thus, if the 10% discount is removed, the $5 off discount will appear, followed by the 5% discount if the larger is removed.
TIP: If your shop has rewards as a discount enabled, you’ll need to click the discount pop-up to show the full details. Then, hit the ‘X’ next to the discount you’d like to delete.
Example 3 (Non-stackable BOGO + Non-stackable)
In this example, we have a BOGO (non-stackable) discount on all cartridges. Additionally, we have a 60% (non-stackable) discount on all Eden (brand) Blackberry Kush cartridges. For the Banana Cream single item, the largest discount available is the BOGO discount we have configured. However, for the Blackberry Kush cartridge, the 60% off discount is better than the BOGO discount and so for this line item, the larger discount is awarded. If we removed the ‘Eden Cart 60% Off’ discount for this cart, the BOGO discount would be applied next.