The Delivery Management module is where you will manage delivery orders by assigning them to jobs, planning driver routes, and is also where you keep track of your delivery vehicle information. Orders come in through SellTreez and are assigned to jobs that are then advanced through the various delivery stages. To refamiliarize yourself with your Delivery settings, visit this video overview.
- Navigating The Delivery Management Module
- Creating a new Delivery Job
Setting up your Delivery Drivers
An employee must be configured to handle deliveries in User Management before they can be assigned as delivery drivers in the Delivery Management Module. To assign an employee as a driver:
Step 1: Navigate to Configuration > User Management.
Step 2: Find and select the line of the user you want to assign as a driver.
Step 3: Select the edit icon in the top left corner of the card.
Step 4: Switch the ‘Can Handle Deliveries’ toggle to ON.
Step 5: Notice that the ‘Phone Number’, ‘Driver’s License Number’, and ‘Metrc License Number’ fields are now required.
Step 6: Click the Save button.
Step 7: All done! This user will now show as an option when assigning delivery drivers in the module.
Adding a New Vehicle
Vehicles need to be added to your delivery fleet first for them to appear as a vehicle option in the module. To add a new vehicle to your delivery fleet:
Step 1: Navigate to Retail > Delivery Management > Vehicles.
Step 2: Click the orange + button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
Step 3: Fill out the new vehicle’s information in the slide-out. Fields marked with a red asterisk are required.
Step 4: Click the blue Save button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
The vehicle will now appear as an option when assigning vehicles to a job.
Navigating the Delivery Management Module
The Delivery Management module can be found by logging into your Treez portal and navigating to Retail > Delivery Management.
There are 2 main tabs within the Delivery Management module:
- Jobs: This tab offers a high-level overview of all open or completed delivery jobs and is used to edit or create new delivery jobs.
- Vehicles: This tab is where you’ll create and maintain your shop’s delivery fleet.
The ‘Jobs’ tab is the default view when opening the Delivery Management module and shows a list of all open and completed delivery jobs. This table includes a line for every job and shows relevant information for each of them.
NOTE: Each job is a trip for a delivery driver and can include one or more delivery orders.
- Filter/Search/Sort: Filter jobs by Status, search by Job ID #, Driver, or Vehicle to narrow down visible options and sort the Vehicle, Driver, Date Created columns by their values.
- Edit: Click the edit icon on the far right-hand side of the job’s line to be taken to the Job Planning View where you can edit the job or view its details.
Job Planning View
In the Job Planning View, you will be shown 2 cards:
The left-hand card displays details about the specific job you’re editing. The Job ID and Status are displayed prominently at the top of the card. Below, you can edit the Driver and Vehicle assigned to the job, and add any relevant Notes. By clicking the trash icon displayed below the notes, the job will be deleted.
There are 4 statuses that can be assigned to a delivery job:
- Out for Delivery
The status of the delivery job will determine what actions can be taken on it, including assigning or unassigning orders, printing/sending a manifest to Metrc (if necessary), and moving the job between various statuses.
Driver & Vehicle
Each job must have a driver and vehicle assigned to it before it can be dispatched for delivery. Only users that have been enabled to handle deliveries through User Management will appear as an option in the ‘Driver’ drop-down. Similarly, vehicles must be created before appearing in the ‘Vehicle’ drop-down.
Notes can be viewed by clicking on the ‘Notes’ icon from the main ‘Jobs’ page.
The Orders Tab is where delivery orders are assigned/unassigned to jobs and where jobs are then moved through the next stages of delivery.
NOTE: All order information shown within the Orders Tab is pulled from Sell Treez and/or the Fulfillment Dashboard. Delivery orders cannot be edited or created through the Delivery Management module, only through Sell Treez.
- Filter: Use the dropdown filter in the upper right-hand corner of the orders table to view:
- All Not Completed: By default, you’ll be shown the ‘All Not Completed’ view, which displays any delivery orders that have not yet been completed through Sell Treez.
- Current Job: Orders shown in this view are currently assigned to the job you have selected in the Job Details card.
- Order #: Click on the link displayed here to view more information about the order details. Edits to the order can only be made from within Sell Treez.
This tab allows you to plan your driver’s route for the orders that have been assigned to the selected Job ID.
- Starting Address: This will default to your dispensary’s address, but you can enter an alternative address manually.
- Arrange: Drag and drop the orders assigned to the job into your desired delivery sequence by clicking the move icon on the left-hand side of each row.
- View Route in Google: Click here for turn-by-turn directions to each destination.
- Planned Delivery Route: Copy & paste turn-by-turn delivery routes here, if needed.
NOTE: In some states, regulations require you to upload your delivery route to the state track-and-trace system prior to departure. Make sure you’re aware of your state and local regulations surrounding delivery and whether or not you’re required to use the Route functionality.
This tab shows you the vehicles used by your shop for deliveries. This is also where you can keep track of your delivery vehicle information.
- Filter/Search/Sort: Filter by vehicle Make or Status, sort each column by its values, and search to narrow down visible options.
- Edit: Editing a vehicle’s line will take you to the ‘Edit Vehicle’ card where you can make changes to any fields and activate or deactivate a vehicle.
Creating a New Delivery Job
Step 1: Navigate to Retail > Delivery Management > Jobs.
Step 2: Click the orange + button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
Step 3: In the Job Details card on the left-hand side of the screen, select which employee will be delivering the orders from the Driver dropdown.
NOTE: Only users who have been set as able to handle deliveries in User Management will display on this list.
Step 4: Select the car the delivery driver will be using from the Vehicle dropdown, and add any relevant notes.
Step 5: In the Orders table, determine which orders will be delivered as part of this job. Click the blue Assign button on the right-hand side of the order's row to assign it to the Job ID.
NOTE: To view only the orders assigned to the current job, use the dropdown in the upper right-hand corner to switch the view from ‘All Not Completed’ to ‘Current Job’.
Step 6: Navigate to the job’s Routes tab.
Step 7: Drag and drop the job’s orders into your desired delivery sequence by clicking the move icon on the left-hand side of each row.
Tip: To view the route with turn-by-turn directions to each destination, click ‘View Route in Google’. The route(s) can be copied and pasted into the 'Planned Delivery Route' section if needed.
Step 8: Navigate back to the Orders tab.
Step 9: Once all the orders in the job have been moved to ‘Packed & Ready’ status, mark the job as ready to be sent out for delivery by clicking the blue Set as Ready button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
Step 10: Print the Manifest by clicking the blue Print Manifest button.
Step 11: While a job is in the ‘Ready’ status, it can either be pushed forward to a status of ‘Out for Delivery’ or backward to a status of ‘Planning’. To move the job back, select the Back to Planning button.
Step 12: To move the job forward, when the order leaves the store, click the blue Send Out for Delivery button. In the modal that appears, confirm or edit the job’s departure time and click Proceed.
When the sales are processed in Sell Treez, the ticket will be automatically removed from the Orders view.