What's the difference between the CBD product type and the CBD classification available in other product types ?
CBD comes in 2 forms and is regulated differently in most jurisdictions.
- Cannabis derived CBD
- Derived from or contained within a cannabis product and is typically only available through licensed dispensaries.
- The CBD classification can be set in the product card of Cannabis product types to indicate this product is classified as cannabis derived CBD.
- This is usually tracked by the state agency that regulates cannabis and is received through a state cannabis tracking system such as METRC.
- In METRC states, use the "Import from METRC" flow when adding these products to an invoice and select the appropriate cannabis product type for this product.
- Hemp derived CBD
- Derived from or contained within a hemp product and may be available outside of dispensaries such as smoke shops or convenience stores.
- The CBD Product Type should be used for hemp based CBD products which are not typically regulated through the state agency that regulates cannabis. This product type is only available to SellTreez operators in select states such as California legally restrict licensed dispensaries from selling hemp based CBD products.
- Use the "Add products manually" flow when adding Hemp based CBD products to an invoice.