Michigan Only - Please see this important information about retesting product subject to the 11/17/2021 recall.
In the event of a product recall, no matter your state, Treez recommends following these Best Practices:
Physically Remove the Recalled Product
You will have to physically remove the recalled product off of your shelves and located in a secured location so that you do not inadvertently sell to your customers.
Move the Recalled Product to a Non-Sellable Treez Location
Go to SellTreez > Inventory > Inventory Management
- Click on Inventory Control Tab
- Search the package tag
- Select package(s) to be moved
- Click the "Move" at the bottom of the screen
- Move to Quarantine or other designated location
- The Quarantine location is a default location in SellTreez, however you may choose to create a new location called "Recall" (or something relevant to your business) to help keep these recalled products differentiated from other products in your quarantine location.
- Add Notes indicating why this is being moved, such as "Moving due to recall on package xxx".
NOTE: If a recalled product passes re-testing and is then able to be sold, the retailer will need to re-label their flower/prerolls, etc. with the new test information including testing facility, tested batch number and tested date in order to sell the product.
Pending Regulating Authority Orders
Depending upon the Regulating Authority Orders you can
- Send the product back to distributor
- Destroy the product
- Wait and see what the outcome of the recalled product is
Notify the Customer
Should customer notification be necessary you will need to identify the inventory barcodes associated with the packages. There are 2 options:
- Using the Inventory Log filter for POS Sales activity, then add the package tag filter and record the associated Inventory barcode.
- Using Inventory Adjustment update the view to include all packages, then search for the package tag and record the inventory barcode.
Navigate to SellTreez > Reports > Sales
- Product Report Tab
- Export the product report making sure the date range is correct
- Search/filter the export for inventory barcodes
- Contact customers as appropriate
Article is closed for comments.