Please Note: Terminals have to be at "the listening for transaction page" for the "Verify Sales" check to work properly. Navigate to Configurations > Config Page > Hardware > Integrated Pin Debit to set each terminal.
The NEW "Verify Sale" Button for Integrated Pin Debit allows a budtender to check the status of a transaction at the terminal if a timeout occurs or a sale is stuck in a pending status.
SOPs for Budtenders when their customers want to use a Pin Debit card at the POS should follow the steps outlined below:
- Don’t hit the Integrated Debit button until a customer has their card out and ready to scan Note: It is best to inform the customer that this is necessary as terminals time out for security purposes usually within 120 seconds.
- Click the "Integrated PIN Debit" button to initiate a transaction.
- Have the customer swipe their card as not all networks support "tap" so there is a higher failure rate.
- If a terminal time out occurs due to an interruption, you can use the NEW "Verify Status" button to check the status of a transaction at the terminal. Click "Verify Status" then click "Check Status". Note: You must have already initiated the "Integrated PIN Debit" button for the "Verify Status" to work properly.
- A verified sale will take you to the receipt page showing tender and option to Print Receipt.
Value: This new feature eliminates the need to manually process the transaction as “cash” and then adjust it in POS Ticket Adjustment (to avoid double charging the clients) when an interruption occurs. This has not eliminated your ability to choose to save a sale and try again later if that is your preference.