The Tax Report shows you a breakdown of the amounts of tax your shop owes and has collected.
Navigating the Tax Report
Filters and Sorting
Clicking the blue filter button will display available filters for the tab you’re viewing and expand the available search bars so you can quickly find the data you’re looking for. These are shown under each column header.
Each tab can also be filtered for a specific time period using the date and time filters on the upper right-hand side of the screen or by selecting a preset date range from the filter button dropdown.
The time filter will filter for a start and end range per day. In the example above, the report would display data from 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM on January 2nd, January 3rd, and so on for every day until February 3rd.
You can also sort each column by clicking the sort arrows to the right of the column headers. Click the sort arrow again to change the direction of the sort.
Time Range Filter - Max Range
The Time Range Filter has a max range of 3 months. This does not mean you cannot get info from more than 3 months in the past, it means you can only pool data for 3 months at a time. For instance, you would first need to pull the data from January- March, export it. Then change the range from April-June, then export that.
At the top of each report is a snapshot overview of the data in the main table below. The snapshot will adjust accordingly when filters are applied.
You can also export or print any of these reports by clicking the ‘…’ in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- The export will contain some additional detailed information not visible from the Discount Report, such as customer information and the times the ticket changed statuses.
- Printing will include all expanded rows at the time of printing.
This tab breaks down the different types of taxes collected at your store. The main table displays a row for each tax type, and the rows can be expanded to view a further breakdown of the information:
- Tax Type: The category of tax collected. (e.g. Excise Tax, Sales Tax, Local Tax)
- Tax Name: The specific tax applied. (e.g. Dynamic Sales Tax, Sales Tax w/ MMID Exception, Arms Length Excise Tax, Non-Arms Length Excise Tax)
- Customer Type: The type of customer who paid the tax. (e.g. Adult, Medical, MMID)