Enterprise Product Management (EPM) provides a centralized view across all of your stores and allows you to manage each of your store’s products including pricing so you may streamline tedious tasks and keep your product information up-to-date and organized. EPM leverages the universal catalog provided by BrandTreez to offer high-quality, consistent product content.
To learn more about BrandTreez, visit here. To get started with EPM, please reach out to your Account Manager to have this module enabled.
The home page displays all of your organization’s stores, all in one place. Selecting the URL of a store will direct you to its instance. Selecting the blue Manage Products button will navigate you directly to that store’s Product Management page.
Navigating Central Catalog
The Central Catalog displays a centralized view of each of your stores’ inventory and allows you to view and manage product availability and pricing across one or more of your stores. Users no longer have to manage separate inventory across multiple SellTreez applications, but may do so here in the Central Catalog!
A Central Product, unlike a single-store SellTreez Product, is a multi-store product that lives one hierarchy level above SellTreez products, hence it can be applied and edited across multiple stores.
- Rows: Each row represents a distinct central product you offer in at least one of your stores. From the main table, you can view the product’s: name, brand, amount, type, subtype, SKU, price, and most recent update.
- Views: View the main table by Product view (products only) or Matrix view (see what products are assigned to which store).
- Filter, Search, Sort: Using the tools above the main table, narrow down central products by product type, status, or advanced filters such as subtype, classification, ingredients, etc. Search for a specific product by name, brand, amount, type, subtype, or SKU – results will display in real-time as you type! Sort by clicking on each column’s header text.
Adding Products to the Central Catalog
To create a new central product, click the orange + button in the bottom right corner of the screen. From here, you can either browse BrandTreez to link a product from the BrandTreez catalog or create a new product manually.
Adding From BrandTreez
- Selecting this option will take you to the BrandTreez catalog. From here you can search to find your product.
- After finding your product, select the check box in the top right corner of the product card and click ‘Add product’ in the bottom right corner of the screen. Your selected BrandTreez product will now be added to your central catalog!
- If a product already exists in your central catalog, you'll be met with the following message:
- To unlink a product from BrandTreez, select the green Treez Icon located to the left of the product's name. After unlinking, the Treez icon should turn grey.
- Selecting the blue Create New Product button will open an empty product card and allow you to fill out relevant information. Click the blue Save button to save the product.
- The Product Details that can be entered are specific to the product's type.
Assigning Central Products to Stores
Products can be assigned to individual SellTreez stores or all of them. After finding your desired product within the central catalog you may:
- Add products to individual stores by selecting the + button of your desired store(s). You can also directly edit the individual store price for your product from here.
- Add a product to all of your stores in one fell swoop by selecting theicon > Add to All. To deactivate the product from all stores, instead select Deactivate All.
- Select one or multiple product lines. Then, click the + Add product button that appears in the bottom right of the screen. You will then be prompted to select which store(s) to assign the product to.
Editing a Central Product
Editing Product Details
To edit a Central Product’s details (image, pricing attributes, etc.) or view its historical log:
Step 1: Locate the product you’d like to edit.
Step2: Select theicon and then and then Edit Product. Alternatively, you may select View Product and then the blue Edit Product button.
Step 3: You will be shown the selected product card and may make changes to the central product. When you are finished editing your product, click the blue Save button to finalize all your changes.
NOTE: Details that can be entered are specific to product type.
There are multiple ways to edit prices within EPM:
- Directly edit individual store prices from the main table for each individual product.
- Select theicon to the right of the product line > Edit Prices > Store Pricing. From here, you can assign a flat price or a configured tier price to your product. You can assign pricing to stores by clicking the Assign to all button or individually, by clicking the Assign button next to the stores you would like to apply the selected pricing to.
Merging Central Products
In case you have duplicate products within your central catalog, you can merge these products to avoid discrepancies across your stores. To merge duplicate products, follow these steps:
Step 1: Select the checkbox on the left side of your table for two or more products and then select the green Merge button that appears at the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: Currently, you may not unmerge products that have been merged. Please exercise caution when selecting products to merge.
Step 2: You will be redirected to the ‘Merge to New Product’ screen. Located on the far right of the screen is a ‘New Merged Product’ column. It will automatically map identical fields from the duplicates – this is the default behavior for merging products. Edit the information by:
- Edit information manually by selecting individual tiles/fields from the product columns.
- Enter new information directly by overwriting what exists in the ‘New Merged Product’ column.
- Check ‘Select All Values’ from one of the individual products. Doing so will take the selected product information from that specific product, eliminate the other duplicates, and use the selected information as the ‘New Merged Product’.
Step 3: When you are finished editing the ‘New Merged Product’, select the green Continue button.
Step 4: Now it’s time to choose store availability and pricing for your merged product. On this new page, you can enter a unique product price for each store, or select an existing price.
- To change the price, edit the value within the price box.
- To edit store assignments, check or uncheck the checkbox.
- Checked stores will have the merged product added to SellTreez. Unchecked stores will not have the product added to SellTreez.
Linking Central Products to BrandTreez
To verify that your product is linked to BrandTreez, look at the Treez logo next to your product within the main table. If it’s green, your product has been linked to BrandTreez. If your central product has not been linked to a BrandTreez brand, the Treez logo will be greyed out.
Selecting a grey Treez logo next to a product will automatically reroute you to BrandTreez to search for and link your product. When you find the product in BrandTreez, select the Link Product button – and just like that – all BrandTreez product information is imported directly from the Brand and is now linked to your central catalog product!
Navigating Pricing Management
In Pricing Management, you can create, edit, and manage specific pricing configurations which can then be assigned to products across multiple SellTreez store locations.
View: On this page, you can view a tier’s information front and center:
- Label: The name of the pricing tier
- Method: Unit-based (UNIT), weight-based (WEIGHT), or Deli-style/Bulk flower (BULK_WEIGHT)
- Catalog Level: Lists whether the pricing tier is a store-level or an Organization-level tier
- Associated Stores: Displays all of the stores this pricing tier has been assigned to.
- Status: Shows the Active or Inactivated status of the pricing tier
- Filter, Search: At the top right of the screen, there is a search box that allows you to search by label (name). You can also filter by Method or Status using the drop-down menus located directly below the search box.
- Edit: To open more information about a specific pricing tier, click the icon on the right of the tier’s line, and select an action: edit, reassign, convert, or deactivate.
Creating a Price Tier
To create a new pricing tier, select the + Add Pricing Tier button on the top left of your screen in Pricing Management. Here you can create a pricing tier of either weight-based, deli-style, or unit-based pricing methods.
For instructions on how to create a pricing tier for weight-based or unit-based products, check out this article. If you’d like to create a Deli-style (Bulk flower) pricing tier, check out this article under the section ‘Creating a Pricing Tier for Bulk Flower’.
Editing a Price Tier
To edit a price tier, simply select theicon on the right side of the tier’s line, and select Edit. From here, you can edit the details of an existing pricing configuration.
- Activating a pricing tier will allow you to use the tier with products in the Central Catalog.
- Deactivating a pricing tier will remove it from any products that have been assigned to it in the Central Catalog. If the price tier has products assigned to it when it’s deactivated, you will be prompted to reassign the products to a new price tier of your choice. After deactivating a price tier, you can still find it listed within pricing management in case you would like to reactivate it.
Reassigning a Price Tier
If you would like to move products from a single pricing tier to a new pricing tier, you may do so with the Reassign functionality. To do so:
Step 1: Within Pricing Management, locate the price tier you would like to reassign.
Step 2: On the right side of the tier’s line, select theicon and click Reassign. The next screen will display your current price tier and all the products associated with it.
Step 3: Change price tiers by locating your new desired price tier within the section titled ‘Select a Price Tier’.
Step 4: After selecting your new price tier, you may either assign this tier to all your products by selecting the green Assign All button or individually, by selecting the Assign button located on the product’s line items below.
Step 5: When you are finished, make sure to click the blue Save button at the bottom of the screen!
Converting a Price Tier
You may have a pricing tier you'd like to take from an individual store and apply it to all your stores. This can be done using the Pricing Management Convert functionality. If a pricing tier that exists at the store level has not been converted to the organization level, you will not be able to assign that pricing tier to central products.
NOTE: After converting a price tier from Store level to Organization level, you cannot un-convert this tier price within EPM. Please exercise caution when converting a Store level pricing tier to the Organization level.
To convert a Store level pricing tier to an Organization level pricing tier:
Step 1: Locate your desired Store-leveled pricing tier.
Step 2: Select theicon and select Convert.
Step 3: Select the blue Ok button.
Step 4: You may now assign this organization-level pricing tier to products within the Central Catalog!