The "Verify Sale" Button for Integrated Payments allows a budtender to check the status of a transaction at the terminal if a timeout occurs or a sale is stuck in a pending status.
Budtenders should follow the steps outlined below for the best results:
- Don’t hit the Integrated Payments button until a customer has their card out and ready to scan.
Note: It is best to inform the customer that this is necessary as terminals time out for security purposes usually within 120 seconds.
- Click the "Integrated Payments" button to initiate a transaction.
- Have the customer swipe their card as not all networks support "tap" so there is a higher failure rate.
- If a terminal time out occurs due to an interruption, you can use the "Verify Status" button to check the status of a transaction at the terminal. Click "Verify Status" then click "Check Status".
Note: You must have already initiated the "Integrated Payments" button for the "Verify Status" to work properly. Do not hit the "Verify Sale" button more than once.
- A verified sale will take you to the receipt page showing tender and option to Print Receipt.
Value: This new feature eliminates the need to manually process the transaction as “cash” and then adjust it in POS Ticket Adjustment (to avoid double charging the clients) when an interruption occurs. This has not eliminated your ability to choose to save a sale and try again later if that is your preference.